Friday, April 30, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Even if it is still littered with unpacked bags and stacks of mail.  The trip to remember ended Wednesday as we arrived back in good ole Twentynine Palms.  The house looks good.  The yard has a few weeds and a lot of beautiful greenery.  There were two large boxes of mail waiting for us (Thanks Grandpa!) which I still haven't been through.  It has been very windy since we arrived, but that is part of the fun of living here.  Most of the bags are unpacked and today I've done laundry all day long.  We really accumulated a lot of stuff along the way and packed it all into that little van.  My new fabrics are so beautiful.  I can just sit and admire them for hours.  Joe has already cleaned his new purchase and is probably planning on the modifications he needs or wants to make to it.

I'm happy to be home and I'm very happy to have my spa back.  I've been in it at least twice a day since we got home.  It is so soothing to my still tired and sore body.  I'm happy to have my bed back.  I didn't sleep well the first night back but I'm sleeping better and better each night.  It was difficult maintaining our strict eating plan while traveling and we eventually strayed totally away from it.  My body feels it and needs to get back with it.  The most difficult will be getting away from diet Coke again.  I do love that stuff.

I have a million thoughts running through my head that I want to express about traveling, sewing, etc., but tonight I am tired and just need to rest for now.  I'll be quilting in my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Can relate to the "wind" issue. It's windy here as well. I want to be in our backyard planting flowers but the wind is too much for my allergies. I too am trying to get away from the "diet" soda dilemma...I'm a Diet Pepsi freak. Well enjoy your being home...no place like it that's for sure when you've been on the road for a while.

    ReplyDelete