Thursday, April 8, 2010

Enjoying Life in Fernandina Beach, FL

We arrived here on Tuesday afternoon and are loving relaxing with my brother Larry and his adorable dog Jake.  Larry prepared us a wonderful steak dinner on Tuesday and North Carolina style barbeque last night.  I am in heaven!  Yesterday he drove us around Amelia Island and down highway A1A, which was quite scenic and enjoyable.  Other than that, it is nice to relax in his comfortable home.  Joe needs to catch up on his rest and he worked on a gun or two of Larry's.  That made him happy.  I have fallen in love with Jake.  After a day of running and chasing squirrels, he was content to lay back in my lap last night and sleep with with me rubbing his belly and rocking him for about an hour.  He is just the cutest and sweetest dog I've ever seen.

We've made arrangements to meet our longtime friends the Nelsons from Tampa today near Starke, FL around noon.  We can hardly wait.  There are two grandchildren since we've seen them.  We'll spend another night with Larry and then head up to Aunt Eunice's in Southern Georgia tomorrow. 

You'll have to wait for pictures because Larry doesn't have a router on his computer so I can't use my laptop where the pictures are transferred.  As soon as I can, I'll send a bunch of new pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment