Friday, March 19, 2010

Seven Days and Counting!

We leave in one week! The timing is perfect and we are so excited. This weekend we will begin pulling things together and checking our lists. A discovery I made yesterday makes the trip even more exciting for me. We had planned to go through Paducah, Kentucky, on the way back because it is the home of the National Quilt Museum and also one of the biggest and best quilt stores in the country. Yesterday I found out that when we will be there is also when the big, big American Quilters Society annual quilt show is happening. This is the show that quilters dream of attending. I immediately made reservations at a hotel as close as I could find and started gathering information about the show. This is really big! This is a dream come true! This is the show where the best quilts in the world are on display and where there are $120,000 in cash prizes given out. Can you imagine the inspiration? I just hope I have time to see them all.

Meanwhile, here in the desert one day away from the official beginning of spring, the weather has been gorgeous all week. It is warm but not hot. The fruitless mulberry trees are going from buds to leaves overnight. Everything in greening up very quickly. We've a little wind this morning but it only supposed to last half the day. Gives me time to quilt some before the urge to get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment