Monday, March 1, 2010

A Milestone Day!

It is March 1, 2010, and the sun is shining brightly this morning. The year is already 1/6 over! Have you met 1/6 of your goals for the year? I'm not sure if we have or not. I have quilted a lot, given to charity, made people happy, tried to be a good and true friend, continued to loose weight and gain health and energy, saved enough money for the upcoming trip, and read a book a week. So yes, I guess I am meeting my goals, or intentions as I labeled them on January 1.
Today marks 11 years since Joe and I retired! Sometimes it doesn't feel like it and most of the time it feels like we've been retired forever. There haven't been any dull moments! We don't know how we ever found time to work.
Today also marks the day Joe goes on Medicare! This is a whole new adventure for us and we'll have to see how it goes. His 65th birthday is the 20th of this month so his Medicare begins today. TriCare for Life kicks in as the secondary insurance. Hopefully there will be no change in doctors or care that he receives. When July rolls around I'll go to Medicare also. Guess we are officially old farts this year!
Tomorrow I will give more information on the upcoming road trip. Stay tuned. Today I will be at my quilting guild meeting most of the day. I'm glad we cooked that little turkey over the weekend. There is a refrigerator full of good food for the week. My cold is still hanging on but I'm determined to win this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment